Oghma Partners LLP advises Taste Trends on successful sale to major Irish dairy co-operative Lakeland Dairies
Oghma Partners LLP (“Oghma Partners”) is pleased to announce its role as exclusive financial advisor to the shareholders of Surrey based Taste Trends Limited (“Taste Trends”) with regards to the sale of the business to Lakeland Dairies Co-operative Society Limited of Ireland (“Lakeland Dairies”). The deal was completed at the end of December 2014.
Taste Trends is the leading supplier of frozen yogurts to the UK food service industry. Lakeland Dairies is a leading dairy processing co-operative and a global market leader in the manufacturing of dairy-based products, exporting to 70 countries worldwide.
Michael Hanley, Chief Executive of Lakeland Dairies said, “We’re very pleased to make this acquisition where Taste Trends is an excellent business with innovative products, highly experienced management, great customers and strong growth prospects. We look forward to serving the business development needs of our valued foodservice customers across the UK and to developing this opportunity further across our international foodservice business using our well defined routes to market throughout the globe.”
Taste Trends Transaction Completes Successful 2014 for Oghma Partners
The completion of the sale of Taste Trends rounds off a successful year for Oghma Partners, with the completion of nine transactions in the year across a number of consumer industry sub-sectors and across multiple geographies. In addition to Taste Trends, the completed transactions during the year were:
- 1 September 2014: Oghma Partners advised DS Smith Plc on the sales of its Flamingo (Denmark) and Cellplast (Sweden) packaging businesses to BEWi Group (Norway);
- 30 July 2014: Oghma Partners advised Irish Dairy Board/Adams Food Ingredients Limited on the acquisition of dairy ingredients business FoodTec UK Limited from Dairy Crest plc;
- 2 July 2014: Oghma Partners advised the shareholders of Softbox Systems Limited, a temperature controlled packaging business, on the sale of a majority stake to Great Point Partners, LLC (US);
- 1 July 2014: Oghma Partners advised DS Smith Plc on the sale of its UK print solutions business to MBM Print & Supply Chain Solutions Limited;
- 23 May 2014: Oghma Partners advised Cargill Inc on the sale of its Spanish texturising compounds business to Mane Group (France);
- 1 February 2014: Oghma Partners advised the shareholders of Mary Berry and Daughter Limited, a salad dressings and sauces business, to RH Amar Limited;
- 31 January 2014: Oghma Partners advised DS Smith Plc on the sale of its Cool Logistics packaging business to Pelican Products Inc (US).
For further information or for details on Oghma Partners’ services please contact:
Oghma Partners LLP
Oghma Partners LLP